Here is a full update on Atlantic City, RUM POINT anchorage where we still are anchored. The key features:
1. Easy in/out entrance
2. Homemade day markers REDS guide you in
3. The channel has now been dredged due to million dollar plus homes newly built in the cove
4. 5 min across the creek into CLAM CREEK for fuel, water, and pumpout
5. Dinghy dock at Senator Frank S. Farley marina / Trump Casino
6. Great Family owned KAMMERMAN’s Marina and FUEL dock OPPOSITE from Trump.
a. Trump docks = $4.50/foot http://trumpmarina.com/
c. Kammerman’s docks = $2.40/foot
d. Kammerman’s fuel = $2.80/gal diesel
e. Ice cream = $2.00, but boat water is free
We have been here all day yesterday, and we plan to stay here all day today as we wrap up our week #10 of 10 for Drexel University Graduate school. Verizon broadband is the fastest we have found from Rock Hall to Block Island so we have easy access to the Drexel resources and our classroom boards.
We will move to Cape May, NJ and anchor off the Coast Guard Station for the Labor Day Weekend, and there, we will be thrown out of our bunks at 5am as the fishing fleet departs the harbor. Then by mid day the pleasure boats will be running the inlet and it would be too much to ask for them to slow down as they pass the 10 or more anchored sailboats. This IS the reality of the Cape May anchorage. So that is why we are staying here and working.
Our treat tonight will be a dinghy run over to Trump Casino and a walk around the resort.
2 min Video of the Cove, inlet and anchorage!
(click video TWICE to play)