|the challenge of crossing....|
|Here is a south wind, but this has now changed|
We have our boat loaded, fully stocked up as planned for a March 1 exit. All systems have been checked, and we are waiting. Waiting for a good weather window. Waiting means enjoying the Biscayne Bay beaches, anchorages, South Beach, Key Biscayne, etc. We visit with boat buddies, share plans and routes, have cocktail parties, and walk the Coconut Grove town. It is not a rough job to wait for a good weather window especially when here in the Dinner Key area. There is plenty to do and plenty to entertain yourself with, so we have no problem waiting. Remember, our goals this year are two: #1, Biscayne Bay area for at least a month; #2. Block Island for the summer, everything else is a bonus. So let's wait for a good weather window....
Here are images we are studying and tools we are using.
|NOAA Chart Viewer Online|
|Our own summary of the courses and the legs, distance and times|
|This is a calm before the storm winds|
one feather is 10 knots, 1/2 feather is 5 knots
Here you see 5 knots for our crossing
Then you see 25 knots up north coming our way
Can you beat this?????
|This is the NORMAL east trade winds. You cannot go east in this|
If you are in the Exumas, you can sail north and south